Waypoints File Format
To use the navigation feature of your varduino variometer, a waypoint file must be present at the root of the sd card. The file must be named waypoint.wpt
Waypoints are imported at boot time. Your variometer will route you in the order they are listed in the file.
The waypoint file must comply to the Oziexplorer format and can be created and modified in Varduino Manager or from other sources.
Oziexplorer files are respecting the following format:
- The first 4 lines are reserved and should be as in the picture.
- From line 5, one waypoint per line:
- Field 1: Waypoint number
- Field 2: waypoint name (max 8 char)
- Field 3/4: latitude and longitude in decimal degrees
- Field 7: always 1
- Field 15: Altitude in Feet
No other fields are imported or used by Varduino Manager and Varduino variometers.
Waypoint file creation in XC Planner
The easiest method to create Oziexplorer waypoint file is to use XC Planner (https://xcplanner.appspot.comBuild your own flight, click download, choose Oziexplorer format, name the waypoints (max 8 char) and name the route "waypoint". Click download and save the file on the sd card.
Creation and modification of Ozi files in Varduino Manager
To create or edit Ozi files in Varduino Manager, go the waypoint tab:
- If needed, import a file by clicking "Import file"
- To add a waypoint, fill in all the boxes (waypoint name, gpc coordinates and altitude in meters) and click "Append WP". The WP is appended to the table.
- To modify the waypoint order, click a row and click "Move up", "Move down" or "Delete"
- To empty the table, click "Delete all"
Once the table is populated and the waypoints are in the correct order, click "Export Waypoints". Name the file "waypoint.wpt and save it on the SD card.